Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TF14(WG-): Development & surpervision Website
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: TF14(WG-): Development & surpervision Website

TF14(WG-): Development & surpervision Website 4 years, 10 months ago #161

  • admin
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: 0
Task force leader: Ravi vatrapu

Task force members: Chris Zimmerman, Francis Serrano, Pablo de Pedraza
Other Possible members: Ulf Reips, Katja Lozar, Boris Mlacic
Other members willing to collaborate are much welcome!

Aim/Central research question: Development and supervision of the Website according to the tasks drawn in the Job description doc. agreed by the Core Group (See Job description doc.).
Summary:
-Activation, improvement and support–technical and content- of the Website as a tool for networking and dissemination of the Action activities.
-Identification of needs, communication with the Core Group and administrative officer, and involvement on Webdatanet activities.
-Integration of WebDataNet website with other related websites, technical maintenance until the end of the Action, improvement of the design.
-Restructuration of the Website including forum, new sections if needed, update of the contents, etc.
- Work in communication with Croatia team (Boris Mlacic) for the visibility of WEBDATENT in social network and the scientific community.

Organisation/planning:
Task Force meeting in Ljubljana. One session 1:45 min.
Issues to discuss:
-Summary of accomplished/unaccomplished tasks
-Usability of the Webdasite: overall impression, suggestions and things to improve
-Content of the Website: overall impression, suggestions and things to improve
-Status of the Forum
-Technical issues
-Communication between TF members
-Evaluation of the work done
-Call for next TF meeting and future plans

Planned outcome:
(see Job Description doc.)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by admin.

Re: TF14(WG-): Development & surpervision Website 4 years, 8 months ago #227

  • admin
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: 0
From the Task Force 14 workshop (and side discussions around meetings), we were able to gather feedback on the following points:

Petroula :
  • Concern of how visible/accessible forum discussion entries are to outsiders.


Alberto:
  • Suggested a highlight box for key news/stories could be useful to grab people's attention at the forefront of the homepage.


Katja:
  • Questioned whether documents ought to be published to WebSM or Webdatanet


Nicoletta :
  • Wanted to understand the value of creating a Facebook fanpage.
  • Debated whether the creation of a wiki may be better for constructive collaboration than a forum


Boris :
  • LinkedIn v Academia - Evaluated the pros and cons of both.



Pablo :
  • Emphasized the value and importance of having a stronger presence online, to improve visibility
  • Weighed two backup options and suggested we e-mail the comparison to the core group
  • COST logo should be apropriately displayed
  • Show social presence by adding plugins to the website
  • Delete : Enrique from MC list


Francis :
  • Suggestion to implement google analytics
  • Intention to provide full contact details
  • Questioned whether some sort of categorization, such as tagging of members for quick reference


Andreadis:
  • Correct a spelling mistake on MC list


Chris:
  • LinkedIn might offer ways of categorizing, grouping, posting opportunities
Last Edit: 4 years, 8 months ago by admin.

Re: TF14(WG-): Development & surpervision Website 4 years, 5 months ago #268

Dear all,

This TF will meet again in Mannheim to continue with the disscussion and work presented in Ljubljana.

Please find the first report here

All those interested in collaborating in this TF, please reply to this post or contact the TF leaders:

Ravi vatrapu rv.itm@cbs.dk

Chris Zimmerman cz.itm@cbs.dk

Francis Serrano francissh77@gmail.com
Francis Serrano
Universidad de Salamanca
Phone: +34 923294500 (ext.) 1689
Skype: francissh67
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by FrancisSerrano.

Re: TF14(WG-): Development & surpervision Website 4 years, 5 months ago #301

  • Ela Oren
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: 0
Hi,

my name is Ela Oren, I am an Israeli (young) researcher and currently at the Mannheim Webdatanet meeting.

I'll be happy to join this TF, I had some suggestions I already told Francisco and Ulf about:

1. Tagging: I think it will be helpful if we'll be able to tag people in the messages. It will encourage usage of the forum instead of emails, especially if the person tagged will receive an email for each tag.
2. Member Information: I think it will also be good if we'll be able to see more information about the member who wrote the message: country, involvement in TF\WG and maybe even major interests.

I'm writing these suggestions here even though I understood their relevance is limited at the moment- maybe they will be helpful in the future

Ela
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds