Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics?

TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics? 5 years, 1 month ago #199

TF 17 .(WG3) Going toward Integrated web data collection in official statistics?
[b]

Introduction: Official statistics needs to innovate the data collection process. The used of web is now going to be currently used in most surveys. Survey data are quite regularly integrated with administrative sources. Further step of innovation require more extended integration among sources, especially sources coming from the Web. Official statistics has to find out its role within big data and cloud environment, this implies many conceptual and methodological problems.

Task force leader: Silvia,….

Task force members: open to all

Aim:This task force will follow up in Ljubljana meeting, stemming from the works of TF10.
Web data source integration has to face many problems; this task force will highlight problems which arise with reference to the official statistics.TF 10 is working on a general implementation framework, which possibly fits to integrated data source data.
The goal of this task force is to identify problems, show relevant literature on this issue, evaluate if the general implementation framework proposed in TF 10 coul d fit to official statistics through a feasibility study on the job and wages indicators.

Organization / planning: This TF17 will originate from the Ljubliana meeting of the TF10.
Issues to discussed are the state of art and how to proceed and how to search relevant literature. Specific task will be assigned to people interested in participating to the task force. Please if interested apply to the task force.
The TF 17 will meet in January in Bergamo and at the Workshop (going to be organize in Bergamo (jointly with WG2, see TF5) , a discussion of the specificity versus non specificity of official statistics with respect of sources integration will be discussed.
The next steps would be to look a bit more into sources integration with respect to the job and wages indicator, both from the supply and demand point of view.

Planned outcome: The planned outcome would be:

1) an overview of the situation
2) discussion of state of art and literature review
3) feasibility study
4) reccomendations
5) publication of one or more paper in reviews..
Last Edit: 5 years, 1 month ago by Biffignandi. Reason: incorporating suggestions to complete the proposal

Re: TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics? 5 years, 1 month ago #202

• nyggus
  • Fresh Boarder
Interesting! I would be happy to join.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Biffignandi

Re: TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics? 5 years, 1 month ago #204

• Alina
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Silvia, I would also like to join this TF!

From what I know, in Romania, an integrated web portal was designed and implemented for the collection of official statistics, web portal co-funded from the European Structural Funds.
In this portal are included about 40 websurveys on different topics. The panel includes only organisations. They are selected and asked to fill in the data. If this experience is useful to this TF, please let me know and I will contact the National Statistics Institute and ask for more details.

Re: TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics? 5 years, 1 month ago #206

Thank you Alina, We will decide during the meeting what we need. Thus collaboration tasks will be discussed in Ljubljana. If you will not be here we will keep in contact by email or skype.

Re: TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics? 5 years, 1 month ago #207

Fine. Thank you for suggestion you sent me by email. If you have some papers or some discussion point to be foreseen during the next meeting let me know.
I will let know at what time is the meeting planned.

Re: TF17(WG3): Integrated webdata in official statistics? 5 years, 1 month ago #212

Hi Silvia:
I am interested in this TF but I am not sure if I will be able to attend TF10 meeting as TF15 is taking place at the same time.
Best
Pablo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds