GFEC task force: General Framework for Error Categorization in internet surveys and connections with official bodies, cost actions and webdatanet internal activities
According to the Mou, one of the main tasks of WG3 is to evalutate guidelines (standard good practices and codes of ethics) in internet surveys or other web data collection. In order to accomplish this, a theoretical framework for structuring the work must be developed. The first task force will focus on this undertaking.
Task force leader: Silvia Biffignandi and Fanney Thorsdottir Task force members: Marek Fuchs, Annette Scherpenzeel (to be confirmed), Edith De Leeuw, Ulf-Dietrich Reips, Francis Serrano Herranz, Pablo de Pedraza Garcia, Knut Kalgraff
This task force is concerned with developing a general framework for error categorization with regards to surveys. The Total Survey Error paradigm will provide structure for the work and provide focus for discussions.
The task force will ensure openness, flexibility, liaison and interaction with other research programmes and communication among web-survey experts, other social scientists, official bodies and media, communication, marketing and opinion researchers.
From this task force, specific task forces on special issues will be originated.
We already had a discussion on this during the Mannheim meeting (the WG3 meeting organized by Silvia) where a number of WEBDATANET members showed interest in this topic.
At the November meeting we would like to organize a 2-3 hours meeting with the following issues:
- Present the TSE approach
- Discuss possible task forces concentrating on different types of errors in web surveys
- Discuss the possibility of using the error categorization framework for surveys for other web data collection methods
- A specific task force (TF17 in the website) on official statistics will follow-up during the Ljubljana meetng (people interested in TF17 is asked to post their interest on TF17)
- A task force meeting is going to be planned in Bergamo in January 2013 (proposed date January 25th)
- A theoretical framework for error categorization for web surveys
- A theoretical framework for error categorization for other web data collection
- Other task forces concentrating on specific errors or aspects of the theoretical framework. These task forces will focus on the current status of research on specific error sources in web surveys and identify research problems that need to be addressed.
- Joint research projects
- Book on on “Error categorization in internet surveys and other web data collection”
General Framework for Error Categorization in internet surveys
and connections with official bodies, cost actions and webdatanet internal activities
TF 17 .(WG3) Going toward Integrated web data collection in official statistics
Dear Webdatanet member
We inform you that:
- TF 10 (WG3) (topic: General Framework for Error Categorization in internet surveys and connections with official bodies, cost actions and Webdatanet internal activities)
- TF 17 .(WG3) (topic: Going toward Integrated web data collection in official statistics)
will have an informal meeting in bergamo, january the 23rd, 2013.
A first meeting already took place in Lubljana in November 2012 and we discussed some preliminary idea.
We now invite those who participated in the Lubljana meeting as well as anyone interested in these task forces to send us suggestions, ideas, information on how they experience can be included and play a role in this task forces.
If you will not be in Bergamo you might send us a short note and a manifestation of interest; if you will be in Bergamo you are invited in participating to the informal meeting and provide whatever information could be on line with the task forces content and aim.
Looking forward to receiving news from you and meeting someone of you in Bergamo.
Silvia Biffignandi (WG3 chair)
Fanney Thorsdottir (WG3 co-chair)