Please find bellow information on a new TF.
Those of you interested in the topic are welcome to join the TF.
Task Force: Using Internet panels in public opinion research
Aim/Central research question
The task force aims at exploring the potentialities of using web surveys to deepen the study of public opinion, focusing on topics such as the dynamics of opinion, response bias, or the impact of political decisions on public opinion. The TF intends to use experimental data (supported on Jon Krosnick study – “Cross-National Replication of Questions Design Experiments”, but as well in Internet panels) and paradata (articulating with TF 20 – Paradata). Although a comparative analysis is aimed part of the data will strictly rely on the application of a two wave panel survey which will use a mixed mode representative sample of Portuguese citizens (Internet and telephone). This questionnaire is intended to replicate some questions already used in other Internet studies in order to promote comparability of outputs.
Task Force members: Ana M. Belchior, Sofia Serra da Silva, Fábio Ramalho, Viriato Queiroga, Lúis Salvador, etc. (open to Webdatanet members).
The Task Force plans its first meeting in Larnaca with the following goals:
- Presentation of the idea and discussion with members,
- Selection of similar Internet surveys for comparative analysis,
- Identification of the possibilities of co-authored publications and joint research projects,
- Schedule of activities.
- The publication of at least two papers in peer review international journals,
- Joint research projects on public opinion Internet surveys.